Tuesday, July 3, 2007

synched up

Magdalena Abakanowicz














I have two friends who confide in me about synchronism. Certain times in their lives when a found object, a card, a key might fall in their path, sometimes unlocking a series of events- sometimes but not always good. There's a high about it- a shallow breathing:


"is this it?"

"have I hit the jackpot?"

"will the angels show up in the next five minutes?"


Some people pick up the two of spades in the gutter and then disappear for several years.


Some people read the note written on a napkin left on a table, and then meet the one they love.


"Remember the cafe? And the note on the napkin? We looked at each other and knew..."


"Remember the card? How you abandoned me ?

It was as if you had been plucked from my heart.."




No comments: